Sunday, June 22, 2014

Noms on My Phone #13

It's been a while since I've posted one of these and boy, do I have lots to share! I recently came back from Hong Kong and Macau, so there will most definitely be a whole separate post on my food experience there!

For the random pick of the day we have...... 



Details:
Who: Me and my parents
What: 12 oz. Cowboy cut of a dry aged prime rib of beef seasoned with garlic and fresh rosemary, slow-roasted and sliced to order, served with creamy horseradish & au jus 
When: April 18th, 2014
Where: The Harris Ranch Restaurant, 24505 W Dorris Ave, Coalinga, CA 93210
Why: My parents and I were on our way back from Morro Bay and happened to pass by this place!

Overall verdict:

While this was not the best prime rib I have ever had, it was definitely one of the better ones. The prime rib was quite juicy and had great flavor. The sides were well seasoned and paired nicely with the steak. The au jus sauce was delicious and not too salty. Overall, I really liked this prime rib and its sides. The only gripe I had was that there was a bit too much fat left on the prime rib. I like myself some nice marbling, but I don't really like having chunks of fat next to my meat. 

Will I come back? Heck Yes! Harris Ranch is known for their fresh cuts of beef and their dry aged steaks! This is the perfect spot to eat at if you ever find yourself in Central California!


I give this..... 4 apple pies out of 5!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment