Thursday, November 14, 2013

Noms On My Phone #3

I've been posting all of these so far in the morning when I wake up... Hmm must be because I always dream of yummy foods and wake up starving!

Here is today's feature!





Close up of that burger!

Details:
Who: My burger, of course!! Dined with medical school student hosts from Tulane Medical School! 
What: Pan seared foie gras, sunny side up egg, duck bacon, & foie gras mayo on carmelized onion brioche with pork cracklin and abita root beer & foie gras ice cream float. (YES, FOIE GRAS ICE CREAM)
When: October 20th, 2013
Where: SoBou (310 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130)
Why: Treated my hosts out to dinner the night before my medical school interview!

Overall verdict: 20 gold stars on catnip out of 20!! 

I can never say no to the foie. Plus, this one was perfectly cooked! For those who are a bit wary of foie gras ice cream, let me just say that it is probably the best ice cream ever! I tried foie gras ice cream back at Petrossian in West LA when foie gras was legal in Cali (SNIFF SNIFF. RIP) and automatically fell in love. The ice cream is still sweet with a hint of nuttiness (think peanut butter) mixed with a bit of saltiness (kinda like salted caramel). Overall, it is delicious and well worth a try! Do not be scared my kittens! It is well worth it. 

Oh. I almost forgot the rest of the food on the plate. The burger patty was solid too! Just what you would expect from a gourmet burger- nice and thick, juicy, not too fatty, and cooked medium rare. The brioche bun was a real treat too- nice crisp to it. I loved having an egg on the burger and poppin' dat yolk all over the beautiful foie burger. The strips of duck bacon tied it all together. 

I didn't eat much of the pork cracklins since everything else was so filling. They tasted like pork rinds though... nothing to write home about.

And foie gras root beer float. One word: genius. 



No comments:

Post a Comment