Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Noms On My Phone #9

Ahh. Today's special is from the ever-so-popular Sushi Gen in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles! They are known for their fresh sashimi, decent prices, amazing lunch special ($15 for a big plate of sashimi), and their (one) cute sushi chef (hehe.. ok, I made this one up. But, for reals, there is a cute one!). 


ahh no such thing as too much uni!
Who: Me, myself, and I
What: Uni and Sashimi Combination Dinner
When: February 12th, 2012- But let's be real... I basically ordered this once a month for 4 years.
Where: Sushi Gen (422 E 2nd St, Los Angeles, CA 90012)
Why: Because I love uni!!!!
How Much: $36

Overall Verdict: I love ordering this because I get my own whole box of uni plus around 6-7 pieces of tuna, red snapper, and yellow tail sashimi! The uni plate comes with some kani (crab), tamago (egg), some boiled squid, dried fish, and a scoop of negi-toro (fatty tuna scraps mixed with green onions).

For an uni lover like me, this is a great combo, although the price tag is a bit hefty. But, what can you expect? This is some pretty darn fresh uni and sashimi! Definitely perfect for a "treat yo'self" kind of day!

I give this 4.9999 Blue Whales out of 5! 

*minus 0.0001 for the SUPER DUPER DUPER LONG LINES that are always present at Sushi Gen. Seriously. Over 2 hours just to get seated! 


No comments:

Post a Comment